This past weekend, we took a road trip back to Woodstock to visit my family. Lydia is a fantastic traveler and we timed it just right. We left at 9am after Lydia ate breakfast. She fell asleep after about 40 minutes in the car and slept until we made the final turn to our destination. When we arrived, she was all smiles and ready to entertain any and everyone around her. We stopped to visit my mom at work and then ventured on to visit Auntie Erin in her newly built home. We enjoyed spending a couple hours with her and her mom before we met up at my parents' house and then went on for dinner in Pell Lake, Wisconsin.
On Saturday, we enjoyed an afternoon at the Farmer's Market on the Woodstock Square before heading to Lake Geneva to enjoy a burger on the deck at Harpoon WIllies! I love their burgers! Aunt Linda visited us at my parents' home later that night and I enjoyed some lounging in my pjs.
On Sunday, we ventured to the outlet mall where my mom helped stock Lydia's fall wardrobe from Baby Gap, Carter's, and Osh Kosh. There are so many cute outfits out in the fall colors I love! I am enjoying all of Lydia's summer clothes, but am looking forward to her wearing some of her cute new outfits as well. After the outlet mall, we spent nearly 3 hours at IKEA. Despite our time there, we only spent $29.00! We had a blast looking at everything and Lydia enjoyed playing in the IKEA ballpit with the other kids. After IKEA, we surprised Grandpa Brooks with a visit at his home! He gave us details about his woes with the internet company he is dealing with regarding internet services and Lydia enjoyed chasing Pancho, grandpa's 15 year old chihuahua, around. Later that night, my mom and I (but mostly my mom) worked on sewing a few things for Lydia. My mom is making a custom Hawkeye Outfit (that is about the cutest thing I have ever seen) and some table runners for Lydia's Birthday Bash. I loved the lazy night with a glass of raspberry wine and time spent at the place that I truly feel at home...
No comments:
Post a Comment