Photo Shoot wtih Patty
I have the fortune of having a birthday at the end of a month. This allows me to declare the entire month of May my birthday month and celebrate accordingly until the 28th. Lydia's birthday is August 4th, and thus, to continue with the tradition of extended celebrating, we will begin her birthday celebrations....um, now. Our first endeavor was her First Birthday Photo Shoot with Patricia Mingus (mind you the following photos are on our camera and are not the professional ones Patty took). I wanted to do her pictures a few weeks prior to her birthday so that I had time to order her photo book and prints before her birthday party. We went to a new location at the ICC Horticultural Gardens! There was a lot of natural beauty in such a quaint location. I love the tall grasses, colorful array of flowers, and garden structures around the property. It was a perfect location to capture Lydia's photographs as well as eat her first pieces of CAKE! Lydia wore three different outfits through her shoot. We started with a classic white linen dress and did her pictures in the grasses near the location. We also took family pictures at that time. I didn't get a good picture of her in this outfit, but she was in such a great mood and posed perfectly during that portion of the shoot.
Following the classic white linen dress, we put Lydia in her birthday outfit that we had custom created by local shop owners. She was so stinkin' cute! I can't wait until she wears it again on her birthday and at her party. I also had Patty photograph Lydia with the banner I made her and the paper tissue flowers my mom has been working on. 
The final outfit of the shoot was a simple onesie that I got on clearance at Target (!!!) with the tutu Lydia wore in some of her newborn session (talk about reusing and re purposing!). Lydia also sat in the rocker that my grandpa had made.
After getting a few "clean" pictures of her, we placed a chocolate cake in front of Lydia with a big frosting flower on top. Lydia daintily put her hands in the frosting and licked it before deciding it was delicious! Despite her pleased outlook on the cake, she only took a few tastes of it before deciding to move on to something else by crawling away. In the mean time, crawling into her cake and making a more delicious mess that she was inclined to lick and eat her way through. We had to help Lydia get to the cake part of the cake due to the overwhelming amount of frosting. Both Lydia and her daddy enjoyed snacking on the chocolate cake! Seeing as how this was Lydia's first time with sweets, I think she did a great job and enjoyed herself immensely!
No comments:
Post a Comment