Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Monday, May 3, 2010

Just another Manic Monday

Our little family enjoyed another night at swim lessons. Lydia has acclimated herself to the water and is the resident fish in the class. She has a favorite swim toy (Nemo) and will consistently reach for him when presented the bucket with toys at class. The object is for us to throw Nemo and for her to kick and splash as we carry her over to him. She kicks her legs and moves her arms. She is already more comfortable with water than I have EVER been.
For our friends that have not been to Easter Seals, I added this picture. It is a smaller pool, but perfect for our small group. The awesome 95 degree weather is so comfortable for both Lydia and her mommy and daddy.
When we returned home from class, Lydia and I enjoyed the grass for awhile. The neighbor was riding their new tractor and Lydia was in awe. I would get in front of her and she would lean past me to look at the tractor. When the tractor stopped, she was more focused, but than a dog barked and she had to know where the noise was coming from. Once she saw the doggie, she lit up! Adorable!


Developmentally, Lydia is not crawling, but is alternating her position on a regular basis. She is more fluid with moving from sitting to belly. Her rolling over is more consistent from each side. She is able to get up off her belly and on her knees, but isn't moving forward yet. I am not as concerned anymore, because I realize all babies develop differently. She is pulling herself to stand. I love seeing her progress each day.

No comments: