Lydia is now 23 weeks old. This week brought one significant change to our lives: babysitting. Up until now, Lydia has been able to stay at our home. This week, we began taking her to Erin's on Mondays/Fridays and Linda's on Tuesday-Thursday. Of course, Lydia has adjusted well to this new endeavor, but I think Brett and I have some work to do to iron out the kinks in the morning. I wake up at 6am and the goal is to be ready by 6:45 am so that I can get Lydia out of bed, changed, and fed before we leave. If I take her, I need to leave at 7:10 at the latest. Brett needs to leave by 7:20. So far, neither of us has been late for work. The first day I dropped her off was worse than the first day I went back to work after my maternity leave. Lydia was all smiles and all I wanted to do was hold her and cuddle. I do love work; however, so I was glad to go to work, but did not like having to drop her off and leave her for the day. Brett does not get off until 4:30, so I am the one that always picks up Lydia. I love the time I get to walk in the door and see her. She has been all smiles each time. My favorite part is coming home because that is usually when she wants to nap and we cuddle for 45 minutes to an hour. Thursday was a snow day as well and was the perfect break to our long week! Next week, I have a three-day weekend for MLK day. Yay!
The babysitters are awesome. I am glad Lydia gets to interact with small groups of kids. At Erin's, there are four little boys and one little girl. When Lydia goes to Linda's, there is only one other baby, Taylor! I love knowing that Lydia is well-cared for and entertained throughout the day, but I am eagerly awaiting spring and summer breaks so that I can spend more time with her!
1 comment:
Awwwhhh - Lydia is so unbelievably adorable. I absolutely LOVE the chubby cheeks!! :)
Post a Comment