Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Update


We took Lydia to her first YPO (Young Professional's Organization) meeting. Whereas we weren't anticipating taking her, our babysitter plans fell through and we decided we still wanted to go. She was such a trooper! She loved it! She is quite the little networker! She also won a door prize! I don't think she will be in need of the free appetizer at Logan's that she won, so daddy and I will share it on her behalf! While we were at Embassy Suites for the YPO event, we looked at some of the ballrooms. We were so excited to see that one of the ballrooms is named LYDIA! Yay! I loved dressing Lydia up in her hot pink puffer vest and striped hat! She was adorable!

Lydia continues to be a great sleeper! I feel very fortunate that the Sleep Solution book worked for us! She sleeps 10-11 hours straight every night! That gives me time to get things done after she goes to bed as well as wake up and shower before she wakes up in the morning! I know every baby goes through phases and we may have nights ahead of us (maybe when she begins to teeth) that she won't sleep so well, but the past 6-7 weeks have been amazing!

On Sunday, we celebrated Brett's 28th Birthday! We met the Ellis and Kron families in the Quad Cities because it was equidistant for all involved parties! We knew we had to take our Christmas Card photo for the Ellis' Christmas Card, so we all wore Hawkeye apparel and Gary and Denise brought us all santa hats. We looked to in a variety of places to take the picture, but had to settle on Dillard's in the mall because everything else had closed! The photo turned out well and we made lots of memories with the sales staff. I was also able to purchase a couple ornaments for Lydia's Christmas tree and future ornament collection. Von Maur had an ornament kit that we can use to make an impression of Lydia's hand and hang it. We also bought a reindeer ornament kit that can be personalized. She already has a few ornaments from Aunt Linda and I hope her ornament collection continues to grow as she does. It is my goal that she has a tree's worth of "memorable" ornaments to use on her first tree as an adult much like I have now. I love to look back at the ornaments from my childhood and remember what each one means. We have our "memory tree" set up in the front entrance to the house and go past it as we go up and down the stairs each day. I love knowing that Lydia will have the opportunity to have a tree like that when she is older.

Afterwards, we enjoyed a great dinner for Brett's birthday. Oma and Opa bought Lydia a new pink coat and a Cabbage Patch Doll named Lydia! Lydia did a great job in the car on the way home and Brett and I had the chance to talk all the way!


No comments: