13 Weeks Old
November 3, 2009
Lydia is the most inquisitive and curious baby. Whereas she continues to be a calm and adaptable little baby, she has added insightful and inquisitive to her repertoire. She is in awe of the world around her. This became increasingly more apparent as I began getting out our Christmas decorations. Her eyes became fixated on the twinkling lights and her gaze followed me around the room as I set up various decor. I love that she is so curious and in wonder of everything. My dad calls her a 'serious' baby that is learning and absorbing life. I agree to a degree, but also think she is going to be a little heartbreaker with her beautiful smile.
Our current morning routine consists of me going to get Lydia out of her crib, change her diaper, and put an outfit on her. I then give her to Brett and he cuddles with, plays with, and sometimes (depending on the time) gives her a bottle. I then shower and get ready for work. By the time I am done getting ready and about to leave, my dad is up and ready and takes her. He usually gives her a bottle and watches her the rest of the day until I get home from work. I treasure the times I can nurse or give her a bottle because she just stares at me. I love just looking at her and talking to her.
A recent development in Lydia is her ability to 'talk.' She is not talking in the traditional sense, but she has begun babbling more and responding to our voices. She has found her vocal cords and is exercising new sounds each day! Her coos are irresistible.
Lydia's ability to control her movements continues to improve as well. She has better control of her head and neck muscles. She loves to lift up her head and look what is out in front of her. I ended up calling Dr. Anderson (Brett's Ped and a family friend) to discuss the option of placing Lydia on her tummy to sleep at this age. He said she is still in the watch zone and would not suggest it. I guess she will have to wait a little longer. She seems so comfortable on her belly during tummy time and naps, but I don't want to do anything that would put her at a greater risk for SIDS, so she is still being put to sleep on her back.
November 3, 2009
Lydia is the most inquisitive and curious baby. Whereas she continues to be a calm and adaptable little baby, she has added insightful and inquisitive to her repertoire. She is in awe of the world around her. This became increasingly more apparent as I began getting out our Christmas decorations. Her eyes became fixated on the twinkling lights and her gaze followed me around the room as I set up various decor. I love that she is so curious and in wonder of everything. My dad calls her a 'serious' baby that is learning and absorbing life. I agree to a degree, but also think she is going to be a little heartbreaker with her beautiful smile.
Our current morning routine consists of me going to get Lydia out of her crib, change her diaper, and put an outfit on her. I then give her to Brett and he cuddles with, plays with, and sometimes (depending on the time) gives her a bottle. I then shower and get ready for work. By the time I am done getting ready and about to leave, my dad is up and ready and takes her. He usually gives her a bottle and watches her the rest of the day until I get home from work. I treasure the times I can nurse or give her a bottle because she just stares at me. I love just looking at her and talking to her.
A recent development in Lydia is her ability to 'talk.' She is not talking in the traditional sense, but she has begun babbling more and responding to our voices. She has found her vocal cords and is exercising new sounds each day! Her coos are irresistible.
Lydia's ability to control her movements continues to improve as well. She has better control of her head and neck muscles. She loves to lift up her head and look what is out in front of her. I ended up calling Dr. Anderson (Brett's Ped and a family friend) to discuss the option of placing Lydia on her tummy to sleep at this age. He said she is still in the watch zone and would not suggest it. I guess she will have to wait a little longer. She seems so comfortable on her belly during tummy time and naps, but I don't want to do anything that would put her at a greater risk for SIDS, so she is still being put to sleep on her back.
No comments:
Post a Comment