Lydia had her 2 month well baby check up today at the pediatrician. She is doing quite well. We had two concerns about two small bumps on the back of her head and some watery stool... Turns out both concerns are related to her diet (or rather mine). The Doctor believes Lydia will have some food allergies when she is older and is already responding to some foods that she is experiencing via the breastmilk. This allergy may also be causing the baby acne that Lydia gets on occasion. The doctor doesn't think there is much that needs to be done, but I have to watch my intake of strawberries, wheat, pineapple, and oranges (among a few other things) that he believes may be causing her reaction. We also won't introduce cereal and foods at 4 months and she will likely be on breastmilk the better part of the first year because of the allergies. Other than that, she had her immunizations today. Then Brett and I went to the doctor to get our flu shots. It was more painful to watch her get her shots. I didn't think I would, but I did cry. She just looked like she was in so much pain. I know that it is better to get her the shots now that to wait and have her contract an illness that we could have prevented.
Weight:
Birth: 7 pounds, 6 ounces
One Month: 9 pounds, 9 ounces (50th percentile)
Two Months: 12 pounds, ten ounces (90th percentile)
Length:
Birth: 19 1/2 inches
One Month: 21 3/4 inches (75th percentile)
Two Months: 23 1/4 inches (75th percentile)
No comments:
Post a Comment