I felt very humbled and honored as I listened to some of stories of the other recipients. There were doctors, the fire chief, CEOs, presidents of companies, and many other impressive professionals and social change agents. I was especially touched by an 82 year old women that still served on numerous community boards and volunteered on a regular basis.
As I was presented with my award, they read a biography of my professional and community service, presented me with a red rose and award, and displayed my picture on the big screen. Several members of the Junior League were in attendance. It was so nice to have their support. It was very encouraging. My parents, as well as Brett and Lydia were in attendance as well.
After the awards ceremony, I drove my parents around Bradley's campus to show them the new Markin Center and construction of the new Field House. We stopped to take a picture in Founder's Circle with Lydia's namesake. This statue is Lydia Moss Bradley, the founder of Bradley University.
2 comments:
Congrats again...what an honor!
Congratulations!! Lydia was a good girl because she is proud of mommy.
Post a Comment