Brett bought some books yesterday...I can't help but laugh at the hilarious titles of a few of them.
-"You Just Don't Duct Tape a Baby."
-"Keeping the Baby Alive until your Wife Gets Home."
As we get closer to Lydia's arrival, Brett continues to grow more and more excited. He loves to feel her move and shift in my belly. He not only kisses me goodbye in the morning before work, but also gives my belly a special goodbye kiss too and tells Lydia he loves her. As surreal as this experience has been, it is becoming a relality that she will be joining us sooner than later. We couldn't be more thrilled (although there is some trepidation, anxiety, and fear mixed in there too).
There has definitely been a shift in our relationship. I think both of us would agree that becoming parents and going through this journey together has only strengthened us as a couple. I can only imagine where we will go from here. There is a Brad Paisley song that recently came out that describes a love of a couple in its early stages and how it changes as life progresses... The theme of the song is "I thought I loved you then." When I reflect on when Brett and I fell in love as 18 year old freshmen at Bradley and where we are now, I can only celebrate and rejoice in the fact that we have come so far and the future is going to only get better for us. The love that we share as a married couple emabarking on parenthood for the first time is dramatically different from those first butterflies as a newly dating couple, newly engaged couple, or newlywed couple. Lydia has brought us so much joy already, we can only imagine how much more happiness she will bring us when she arrives.
No comments:
Post a Comment