We spent the weekend in the Chicago area for a wedding and dad's retirement. Friday night we met the Ellises at the Hepker-Cyr wedding. This was a fun night filled with dancing and music. We enjoyed spending time on the terrace and enjoying seeing the last Hepker girl get married.
On Saturday, we spent the day (albeit a cold one) shopping in Schaumburg. Brett and I visited Babies 'R' us, IKEA, and Woodfield Mall. I am upset that Peoria doesn't have a store like Babies 'R' Us because it was filled with so many fun and unique baby items. It also had a variety of baby items that we don't have in Peoria. I was excited to peruse the store as well as snag some good freebies of diapers and bottles! Although we only spent about an hour and a half at IKEA, we did end up purchasing some cute items for Lydia (thanks to Denise and Gary)! I found this really cool activity blanket, storage container, and plates/bowls/silverware for Lydia. On Saturday Night, we celebrated Dad's retirement at Medieval (I spelled it correctly this time, Aunt Linda) Times. The Ellises, Pierces, Krons, Hernandez, and Brooks contingencies were all in attendance. Dad, Gary, and Rick all were knighted in the knighting ceremony and our knight, the red knight, won the tournament! Afterwards, we visited Grandpa Brooks in Palatine, before making our way back to the hotel for a good night's sleep.
Today we had to get back to Peoria, but made a stop at Trader Joe's. My mom and dad stocked me up on Honey Nut Joe's O's, so I didn't need anymore cereal, but we did get some new goodies to eat. We got back to Peoria for Childbirth class with 5 minutes to spare! Today we watched the infamous baby birth video that I think they show in every class to scare expecting parents. I wasn't so much scared, as I was emotional. After the first baby came out, I was in tears! For someone that doesn't cry often, but can cry at any sappy movie, this didn't surprise me. It was overwhelming to witness the birth of a baby, but even more surreal to think that in 6-9 weeks, I will be experiencing the same process when Lydia makes her way into the world.
2 comments:
I can't believe you're getting so close! I cried at every single birth video in our child birth classes!
Sounds like you had a great weekend! I also can't believe time has flown by SO fast! We'll be having playdates before you know it!!! Our lives are about to change...for the better! :)
Post a Comment